In this respect the people of Zimbabwe and the MDC calls for the following:
1. Immediate cessation of all forms of violence against the people including rape, killings, shootings, torture, abductions as well as a genuine and transparent process to bring to book those responsible for killing, maiming and raping defenceless citizens,
3. Immediately stop arbitrary arrests, mass trials, and all violations of the rule of law
4. Restore and guarantee the independence of the judiciary and cessation of all executive interference with the judiciary and judicial processes.
5. Restoration of the rule of law and an end to malicious prosecutions and the miscarriage of justice being witnessed at Rotten Row magistrates courts
6. The release of all political detainees and prisoners of conscience.
7. Restore and guarantee the respect of all human rights particularly political freedoms, security of each citizen and all civil rights.
8. The immediate return of all military personnel to the barracks, since the country is not at war.
9. Restore and guarantee freedoms of association, expression and movement.
10. Unbanning of civilian politics and decriminalization of the MDC party by an immediate end to the harassment and persecution of our party’s leadership and their families. Cognisant of the need to balance the fears, interests and aspirations of all the potential stakeholders in the dialogue, the MDC is amenable to sincere discussions around the issues we raise and how best we can create a conducive environment for dialogue.
Chief of Staff to the President