Tapiwa Murombedzi (39) of 102 Rugare street, Wadzanai in Shamva sustained burns after trying to put out a fire that gutted his house there by destroying property worth over US$1000.
Mashonaland Central deputy police spokesperson Assistant Inspector Fidelis Dhewu confirmed the case.
“I can confirm that we recorded a fire incident where a fuel tout is in hospital after sustaining burns from the inferno,” Dhewu said.
Allegations are that a minor was preparing super using firewood and fire caught up with a drum of fuel that gutted the house there by burning Murombedzi.
Police warned people to shun illegal fuel dealings.