With effect from tomorrow onwards, the price of bread will go back to its old prices of $0.90 for a standard loaf and $1.00 for a family loaf.
This comes after Minister of Industry, Commerce and Enterprise Development Mike Bimha called for an urgent meeting to discuss the price of bread on Monday morning. The meeting was convened after Bakers Inn announced that the price of bread had been increased by $0.10 from $0.90 to $1.00 for a standard loaf and from $1.00 to $1.10 for a family loaf.
The meeting was held at Mukwati building and was attended by:
- Confederations of Zimbabwe Industries (CZI)
- Zimbabwe National Chamber of Commerce (ZNCC)
- Grain Millers Association of Zimbabwe (GMAZ)
- National Bakers Association
- Consumer Council of Zimbabwe (CCZ)
- Small Bakers Association of Zimbabwe
- Packaging Association of Zimbabwe
- Confederation of Zimbabwe Retailers
- Retailers Association of Zimbabwe
More Details To Be Added